Institute of Civil Protection and Emergency Management
Academic Special Interest Group
Terms of Reference
The objectives of the Academic Special Interest Group (ISIG) are to:
- Enhance the quality of education relating to civil protection and emergency management by:
- raising its profile in the academic world;
- encouraging its development as a recognised academic discipline;
- Proactively promoting the Institute as a source which can bring academics and practitioners together to enhance educational programmes for the benefit of the profession.
- Providing a platform where lecturers can exchange, develop and apply knowledge and experience in the offering of programmes relating to civil protection and emergency management.
- Assisting and supporting the Institute’s Mission and Vision by providing a representative forum for academic activities relating to civil protection and emergency management, including, where appropriate, the submission of research and other relevant articles to the Institute’s publications.
- Bringing to the notice of members sources of all aspects of civil protection and emergency management teaching which they may find useful.
- Reporting on the key activities of the Academic SIG to the Executive Council of the ICPEM.
- Keep it Simple Stupid