Institute of Civil Protection and Emergency Management
Historical Special Interest Group
Terms of Reference
The objectives of the Historical Special Interest Group (ISIG) are to:
- Further the understanding of the history of crises, disasters and emergencies, by:
- encouraging study and research;
- promoting the collection of historical accounts of past crises, disasters and emergencies;
(c) publishing historical accounts of crises, disasters and emergencies.
- providing advice on historical aspects of crises, disasters and emergencies;
- Proactively promoting the Institute as a historical source through delivering presentations and attending relevant seminars and conferences.
- Assisting and supporting the Institute’s Mission and Vision by providing a representative forum for historical activities, including, where appropriate, the submission of research and other relevant articles to the Institute’s publications.
- Bringing to the notice of members historical sources of all aspects of civil protection and emergency management from which lessons can be identified.
- Reporting on the key activities of the Historical SIG to the Executive Council of the ICPEM.